Tuesday, March 10, 2009

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY..

Rain Rain go away..come back some other day...I am so glad it is not snow...but we have had rain
since last Saturday..The rivers are swollen and about to over flow..I love walking in the rain as long as it is not a down pour...But a little chilly for rain walks yet..Sunday I went to the gym and as I was walking on the tread mill I looked up and out the window and there was a terrible down pour going on..So I keep on walking...almost done with 5 miles and hope it stops before I am done..I am walking out the door and what to my surprise is a very flooded parking lot..The sewers could not keep up with how fast it came down...A crowd of people looking at their cars..water up to the bottom of our doors..Now mind you I drive A VW bug..so anymore and I would of had a flooded car...Well I just bought a pair of $90.00 dollars walking shoes and there was no way I was gonna get them that wet..So with my fellow gym rats laughing at me..I took off shoes and walked to my car...Let me tell you...that water was so cold..socks or no socks..lol...So I am making my way to the car..and but of course I steppped down into the sewer grate...so now I am knee deep in water..LOL
Well friends made it to my car..but had to squeeze water out of pants..and take socks off before I could get in car..But as I drive off I see many others had followed my foot steps..What a funny
site we must of all made..
I too am trying to lose weight but am a little more fluffy then Dave..Talked to a trainer at gym and he suggested..Break up my sets..Instead of performing 2 or 3 sets of single exercise before moving to the next one, do a circuit..Complete just 1 set of 6 exercises with 2 minutes of rest in
between..Or circuit training (moving through a series of 6 exercises 3 times, with 30 seconds of rest in between) circuit training burns more that twice as many calories post workouts at the standard style lifters..I am told because your heart rate stays elevated longer after circuit training..you continue burning fat as though your were still exercising...So he help me set up a
a circuit training course fit for me..

3 MORE WAYS TO FIGHT FAT AFTER 40

1. Work out with music ...can help you go up to 20% longer to burn more calories..A study from West London University..Music blocks fatigue, produces feelings of vigor and helps you keep pace by synchronizing your movements.

2. Take It outside...( I would if rain would stop) Research finds that exercisers burn 10% more calories when they walk or run outdoors that on tread mill at the same speed.. You use more
energy to propel yourself over the ground and pushing a little against wind and other elements
burns more calories too..

3. Move more all day..You can burn up to 350 extra calories daily enough to shed more than 35
pounds this year-simply by pacing while you talk on the phone getting up to to talk to someone, rather then e mailing a few times a day and walking rather then driving for short errands..

Now if I want subway..I tell myself ok if you walk to store and back you may have it...2 miles round trip..So out for lunch eat there and walk home...etc..little things like that add up ..

Hope your week is going wonderful...And you have nicer weather than I do..Stay fit..and remember keep that tunnel vision...

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment