Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reality Check

I can not get the latest post out of my mind...My morality is at stake here...I have had a yo-yo life with fitness..As I have said before I worked out to make myself attractive to others..In my younger years fitness had nothing to do with health..It was all about been slim....Hours of workouts but that went along with diet pills, starving myself, water pills and u name it..Probably less then a thousand calories a day...Years of abuse to my body...weight up down..Now in these years of my life yes I want to be mean and lean but I want health more..I want years added to my life to share with my family more time to spend with my grandchildren watch them grow and start lives of their own..So I will look at each bead of sweat as a step towards a healthier me...A better mother.. A better grandmother...Me BETTERTHENEVER....With all
our modern things we have today we move less and less..No more walking across a room to change a TV..cordless phones or cells by our sides not a inch do we move to answer the phone..Drive thru pick up fast unhealthy food or milk drive thru handed to you...Your prescriptions or family photos drive by and get them..your banking don't have to leave your car..bank cards pay for gas at pumps..Kids play outside less and set in front of tv or video games...The list goes on and on...It is so easy to put weight on...so hard to take it off...Look around any store you are at there are more overweight people then ever..Encourage all your love ones now is the time to get healthy like Dave says the sooner the better..

1 comment:

  1. Y'know something? I don't think I've ever met anyone who has managed to stick with a healthy diet and exercise plan with the primary motive of improving their appearance. (Not to say that can't be a nice bonus.) I've known quite a few people who have become obsessed with how they look and gone on starvation diets - and skimped on nutrition in the process. There seems to be a kind of rebound effect from that, too: You end up gaining back more weight than you lost. Besides, malnutrition is just as bad for you as overeating - if not worse. But even more often, people who take up an exercise program to look better just get bored with it. Or they get frustrated when they don't end up looking like a swimsuit model in six weeks.

    So, I applaud your new approach: Not only is wanting to be there for the grandkids admirable in itself, it is a motive that is far more likely to lead to success with the healthy choices you're making.

    ReplyDelete